Παρασκευή 14 Οκτωβρίου 2016

Minn. dispatcher helps man save wife’s life

By EMS1 Staff

MINNEAPOLIS — A dispatcher was credited for helping save the life of a woman who went into sudden cardiac arrest last month.

Chris Jesmer called 911 after his wife, Jeanine, wouldn't wake up. "It was terrifying," Jesmer told CBS Minnesota

Dispatcher Julia Weegman, who answered the call, instructed Jesmer to lay his wife on the floor to keep blood pumping through her heart.

"Put your hand on her forehead and then tilt her head back, OK?," Weegman told Jesmer. "I want you to push down firmly and you need to do it quickly, OK?"

Jesmer, under the dispatcher's guidance, continued chest compressions until paramedics arrived five minutes later.

"When we got there, she was what I would call dead with agonal breaths," paramedic Kelly Shingledecker-Larson said. 

The Jesmer's met with Weegman in October to thank her for her help. Until then, Weegman did not know whether or not Jesmer had survived. 

"That day when they contacted me, I'm like 'Now I know why I'm really here and why I'm doing this job,'" Weegman said. 



from EMS via xlomafota13 on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2dpNxUs
via IFTTT

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.